Our Skiing Holiday

My uni holidays have started and I still didn't manage to blog because we went on a skiing holiday with my family and only came back yesterday.
We went to Poland, near the Slovakian border and it was seriously in the middle of nowhere. Still, it was relaxing and so much fun.
It was also Eryk's and mine first winter holiday together and we also had our 5th anniversary during that time, so it was pretty cool!
Here are some photos of the trip- hope you like them :)


Obviously, a skiing holiday meant a lot of snow and freezing temperatures, and although I was really scared of that, it wasn't that bad in the end. We went on a walk in the woods here and at some point I fell into the snow so deep that it went into my shoes and my feet were so sore from the cold. I had to take off my shoes and socks and get all the snow out. That part wasn't too cool, but I survived it.

On the first evening and the second day we went to Zakopane, which is a well-known skiing area in Poland and we went for a walk with the family.





I was quite surprised by the fact that nearly all the buildings in the mountains are made of wood. I am still trying to figure out if this is warm and safe. This little church seemed quite cute but also very creepy to me. Inside it was dark and even though I usually like churches, this one was not too inviting for me.


We lived just at the end of the slope and we had plenty of restaurants and stands with sweets around. On this day we got some amazing churros and soon I saw this cute dog following us. He wanted us to pet him and he was so happy about some company. He definitely wanted some churros too, but didn't get any. He wasn't the only dog wandering around though. There was also a small dog that was running up the slope and he seemed like he enjoyed it so much, but I was really scared that someone would knock him over and hurt him.

We were all skiing, apart from Eryk, who learned how to snowboard, and we all had a good time there. Such a shame the holiday ended so quickly. 
For some more snaps of our holiday, check my Instagram here!

-Olivia

~12.02.2017~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | Review

Christmas Wishlist In October?!

Ziaja Body Lotion Review