My Christmas Make-Up

Since Christmas is always very fancy in our house, I also make sure my outfit and make-up look pretty. And since I wear the same make-up every day, it's quite hard for me to go for something else ( mainly cause I suck at everything else that is not mascara and eyeliner).

When I got my early Christmas gift from Eryk two years ago, which was the Urban Decay Naked On The Run palette, it made things a bit easier.

My Christmas make-up this year will look like this:


I think it is not overly different. It looks quite delicate, yet pretty enough to wear on a special day.

I'll quickly talk you through all the products I've used, so you can recreate this look if you want, or get some of the products in case you liked them.

Starting off with the base...
My make-up base is always the same, except for the powder that I sometimes have to switch because of a tan or fading tan etc.
First step is of course concealer. Back in the UK I always used the Collection concealer, which is the best, but here I had to find something else that would be good enough to cover my undereye circles. I read many good reviews on the Catrice Liquid Camouflage ones, so I now repurchase them all the time. They are pretty good, have a very light weight consistency and are not sold out all the time ( like the Collection one).
I always get shade 010 Porcelain for the eyes and 020 Light Beige for any spots.
Then I go over to some powder. I usually use my Bourjois Healthy Balance one, but recently I went for a slightly darker one from Astor, the Mattitude Powder in 005 Beige. It is quite alright, but nothing compared to my favourite Bourjois one.
Next step is bronzer of course. My face always stays pale, even in summer, so I have to use quite an amount of bronzer to look healthier. My favourite one by far is the Delice de Poudre by Bourjois in shade 52. I've had it for ages and I will definitely get a new one too.

Next up: blush und highlighter


I recently got the beautiful Artdeco Crystal Garden Blusher, which has some tiny Swarovski crystals on the lid and it just looks so pretty. It is a combination of 3 different pink colours that create that perfect blush and glow for any skin type I think. It is not too pink, which I thought at first, so I really like using it.
And when my base is nearly done, I use some highlighter from the brand Wibo. It's a Polish drugstore brand that somehow got quite good over the last years and everyone is hyping this highlighter. It comes in a pretty, delicate champagne colour. It gives you a beautiful shine and I just love using it on a daily basis.

Next step: eyes



First, I used the Urban Decay Naked On The Run palette, which has 5 gorgeous rose-gold, copper and brown shades that suit my complexion the most in my opinion. I don't use it too often like I said before, but I love it for special occasions. These shadows only come in this palette and the ones I used are called: Dive, Fix and Resist. ( The first 3 ones from the left)


Then I went for some sparkly purple eyeliner underneath my lower lashline, to add the whole look a little pop of colour.  The eyeliner is from Avon and it's the glimmerstick diamonds eyeliner in shade sugar plum ( I also have a black sparkly one, but this time I went for purple)
And of course the eye look wouldn't be finished with a delicate, black winged eyeliner. I think it just gives my eye so much definition and it kind of makes it more awake. I used the Clarins Instant liner in the shade 01 black, which is a liquid liner with a felt tip, that I normally never use, but this one just has such a great pigmentation and it's easier to use on top of eyeshadow than a gel liner.


And finally, my favourite drugstore mascara, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycraflex one, which makes my lashes really long and keeps them up throughout the whole day. From all the mascaras I've tried, this one works the best for me ( apart from Rollerlash and Perversion)


To finish this festive look off, I am going for a bold red lip. This Mac Viva Glam lipstick is such a beautiful dark red colour and it's perfect for autumn and winter, plus it stays on for absolute ages too!

Hope you liked this festive make-up look! :)

Today I am finally off to Poland and I want to upload one more post on Christmas Eve, so we'll see how that goes with the whole preparation stress! :)

Anyways, I wish you all a merry Christmas! <3

-Olivia

~23.12.2016~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | Review

Christmas Wishlist In October?!

Ziaja Body Lotion Review