My Summer Hair Care

This summer turned out to be incredibly hot with plenty of sunshine here in Poland, which is pretty good because I get a tan and look healthier, but for my hair it's probably not the best thing in the world.

Today I wanted to show you which products I use to keep my hair in the best condition possible ( I hope!).

So, first of all, my hair already got pretty long by the end of June, so I knew I needed to cut it again because I had split ends and the ends were basically pretty dry and my hair didn't look that pretty any more. Personally, I prefer healthier to longer hair. Yes, I do want to have long hair, but I want it to be healthy and beautiful.
I cut my hair in the second/third week of July, and I got about 10 cm chopped off, which made my hair look much nicer already. This was basically my first step to taking care of my hair during summer.
While being by the seaside ( before cutting my hair), I bought some different hair masks to try out and I also got a new conditioner because I left my old one in Scotland, since it was basically already empty. Apart from that I was using my regular products.

Washing my hair:

I decided not to wash it as often as I would usually. Normally I wash my hair twice a week/ every three days. However, by the lake I wore braids most of the time, and my hair was constantly wet anyways, so it didn't look greasy. I did wash it about every four days I suppose, using my Pantene Pro-V Smooth&Sleek shampoo and used the new conditioner afterwards, which is also from Pantene Pro-V, from the Aqua Light range. Those products are said to give your hair 100% strength and 0% weight, so I thought it would be great for hot summer days. I don't dry it every time I wash my hair because it is just way too hot and I either braid my wet hair or let it dry a bit and decide later whether I want to braid it or keep it messy. I think I only dried my hair 6 times so far since the beginning of July.

Using hair masks:

I got different hair masks from the brand L'biotica BIOVAX, and decided to use one once a week. And I did. After the second one my hair was SO INCREDIBLY SOFT that I just couldn't believe it! I actually used the mask that you can see in this post and it was definitely the best out of all the different BIOVAX masks I've bought. My cousin also told me to get myself the L'Oreal Elseve Total Repair Extreme conditioners and I also tried out one so far and was pretty happy with it but feel like I could keep it in my hair for longer to achieve a better result.
Basically, I try to use conditioner as usual after washing my hair, but once a week I skip the conditioner and use a hair mask instead.

Extra products:
I have this AVON naturals Super Straight serum with honey extract and jojoba oil that I like to smear into my hair before washing it or whenever I feel like my ends would need some extra care. However, I have to say that I feel like it does make my hair go greasy quicker and I'm always a bit worried when using it because I hate washing it. But the serum definitely smells good and leaves my hair healthier looking and less frizzy too.


Also, if I decide to dry my hair after washing it, I always use my Tresemmé Keratin Smooth heat protectant spray. ( I actually didn't take a picture of it for this post because it's packed somewhere in my suitcase and I couldn't find it. - but you can see it here.)

And the last thing I need to mention is my Tangle Teezer because I have to brush my hair a few times a day because it gets tangles all the time and I absolutely hate that! Brushing out my tangles makes me feel happy because I know I won't rip my hair out if I get my fingers stuck in them or so.



And that is really it to be honest. Let me know if you have any good tricks how to keep your hair healthy and pretty because I'd like to try out something really nice! :)

-Olivia

~13.08.2015~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | Review

Christmas Wishlist In October?!

Ziaja Body Lotion Review