I liked it so much that this cake was on my mind all the time since that day and so we got all the ingredients yesterday and started baking the cake.
I found the recipe on the BBC Food website, but I changed the recipe a bit any ways.
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 50g sultanas
- 150ml sunflower oil
-140g soft light brown sugar
-85g wholemeal flour
-85g plain flour
-2 tsp ground cinnamon and 2 tsp ground mix spice
-1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
-140g grated carrots
-50g chopped walnuts
1) Stir the orange zest, juice and sultanas together and microwave for 2 minutes.
2) Heat oven to 180 degrees and grease and line the loaf tin.
3) Whisk together the eggs and oil in a small bowl.
4) Mix together the sugar, flours, mixed spice, cinnamon and soda in a big mixing bowl.
5) Add the sultanas with the juice and zest, grated carrots, walnuts and whisked egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Then mix with a wooden spoon.
6) Tip the mixture into the tin and bake for 1 hour.
The cake was so delicious that we ate half of it straight from the oven before we went to bed, kept it over night next to the bed and finished the other half just after we woke up. Sorry, not sorry!
It was so good!