And since I've never tried baking gingerbread before, I decided it was about time to get it done.
I found a recipe somewhere on the Internet, which said that it was a very quick way to do the gingerbread biscuits.
So, Eryk and I were very excited and started mixing the dough until we realised that we need to wait 24 hours until we can cut out the gingerbread men and bake them actually. But we eventually managed to bake them and they look very cute and are quite tasty, even though they are terrible hard by now and it is very dangerous for your teeth, but maybe someone is interested in a gingerbread recipe, so here it is!
- teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 180 g of honey
- 375 g of flour
- a bit of salt
- 5 tablespoons of water
-1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 70 g of sugar
1) First you need to put the honey and sugar into a pot and heat them up a bit until they kind of melt together. Don't let it boil though!
2) Then this sticky mixture needs to cool own a bit before you can continue.
3) Add the yolk, cinnamon salt and water and mix everything thoroughly.
4) Take a second bowl and mix the flour and baking powder in it, then add the honey mixture to it and use your hands to form a ball out of the dough.
5) Cover up the mixture and let it rest for about 24 hours. ( I put the dough in the fridge)
6) On the next day you can start rolling the dough until it is as flat as possible and you can cut out the biscuits. ( I found it very difficult to get the dough flat because it was quite hard) Also, make holes using a toothpick or fork into every biscuit.
7) In the meanwhile you can also preheat your oven to 175 degrees.
8) Then put the biscuits in the oven for about 11 minutes.
9) Once they've cooled down, you can decorate them with some icing sugar or whatever you'd like, I let them stay the way they came out of the oven.
And this is it! If you have a good gingerbread recipe you can of course let me know, and you can also try this one if you like.