Baking Nutella-Muffins

The weather today over here is just horrible. It's been raining all day long and it got so cold somehow! I've read on BBC that torrential rain is going to be in Scotland throughout the whole weekend. It's quite a pity for me because the Edinburgh Festival just started and I really wanted to go to town and just see what's going on and just having fun. But as it is raining I am not going anywhere for sure. The festival lasts for a longer time obviously so I hope that summer days are going to come back very soon!
So for this reason I decided to bake some muffins again because there is surely nothing else better to do on such a day. I mean eating Doritos and watching Amish series and so on and eating muffins and drinking warm tea, this is what I do on such days.

Oh, and I'm really getting sick of buns. My hair is just seriously not made for them and no matter what technique I'm using, they never look and feel the way I want them to.

In fact, I started working out again yesterday and I probably shouldn't eat too many sweets, but well.


Ingredients

-120 g flour
-120 g sugar
-2 eggs
-100 g butter
-100 g Nutella
-1 tablespoon cocoa powder
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat your oven to 170 degrees before you start.

First you want to mix the eggs with the sugar. Always mix eggs and sugar, not sugar and butter and then eggs or something. Trust me, I've learned from this mistake a long time ago.
Then add butter, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.

In the end stir in the Nutella, I just used a spoon for this.
Then you fill your cupcake cases with the dough and put your muffins into the oven for about 20 minutes.
Let them cool down in the oven once they're done, because they can sink a bit, just like mine did. They didn't sink too much, but when I took them out of the oven they had perfect muffin shapes.
Of course you can add some icing, or you can even make your own icing, but I just prefer the muffins without any topping and so does Eryk. 
And yes, they taste really nice! I've had two of them already and they are still warm, sorry.

Looks like we're gonna have our private pool in the backyard!

-Olivia

~02.08.2014~




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | Review

Christmas Wishlist In October?!

Ziaja Body Lotion Review